hello friends, I am so excited to hold a benefit nite at Flatbreads and Orange Leaf in Portsmouth, NH on Tuesday, March 4th! We will be holding a drawing (raffle) for some awesome prizes at the door @ Flatbreads. And a silent auction! You can buy raffle tickets by donating online to my campaign at www.tinyurl.com/dfmcjenn. Flatbreads and Orange Leaf will donate a portion sales to my Dana-Farber campaign so please come out support my run! Here are the details:
UPDATE Silent Auction Added: We had such a great response for donated items, we will auction some via silent action at the benefit night.
UPDATE: Raffle Tickets on Sale Now, Drawing will be 8:30pm March 4th.
We will hold a drawing (raffle) for some great prizes, more prizes being added up until March 4th. Buy raffle tickets in advance by donating to DFMC online and shoot me an email with your phone # and how many tickets.
1 ) Donate here: tinyurl.com/dfmcjenn.
2) Email me at: email@example.com
Ticket prices 1 – $5, 5 for $10, 10 for $20 and 20 for $26.20 (a marathon is 26.2 miles!).
*You need not be present to win, but you need to answer the phone on raffle night to claim your prize!
When: Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Where: Flatbreads from 5-9pm @ 138 Congress Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Orange Leaf from 4-9pm @ 218 State Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Portsmouth Patch Event: http://alturl.com/2838u
Facebook Event: http://alturl.com/qgbt3
Raffle Prizes –We will draw the winners and each will have a choice of available prizes until all are claimed. Here’s what we’ve got for you:
- Book & Bar $30 gift certificate. www.bookandbar.com
- Orange Leaf Portsmouth gift card
- Loco Coco’s Tacos $25 gift card www.locococos.com
- Ava Anderson w/ Lorrie B gift certificate – personal care products without chemicals
- Taylor River Farm horseback riding gift certificate 1/2 hour ride
- G. Williker’s $10 gift certificate www.gwillikers.com
- Cinemagic Portsmouth movie passes. www.cinemagicmovies.com
- Pearsall Clean gift certificate. www.pearsallclean.com
- Moxy $20 gift certificate www.moxyrestaurant.com
- Vida Cantina $20 gift certificate www.vidacantinanh.com
- Popover’s on the Square $25 gift certificate! popoversonthesquare.com
- more to come!
Silent Auction–Bid or “buy now” and don’t leave it to chance
We’ve decided to put a few items up for silent auction. There will be a minimum bid and a ‘buy it now’ price if you are like me and just want to win it! Here’s what we’ve got for you:
- Loco Coco’s Tacos $25 gift card
- Ava Anderson avaBody 10-piece set ($98 value) click to view the set.
- Taylor River Farm horseback riding gift certificate for 1/2 hour ride
- SORT personal organizing – 2 hours of organizing http://www.sortnh.com
- Rumble Tumble 5 play days gift certificate
- Jumpin’ Jay’s Fish Cafe $20 gift certificate
- NEWLY ADDED 5 Rides at Cycle Fierce http://www.cyclefierce.com
See you there!
Coming to you live from the west coast today, so it’s still Wednesday despite the WordPress date & time! I had to get out of the vortex, so I’m on a business trip out in San Jose, meanwhile the Boston area is getting tons of snow. Well, I have not been living up to my resolution to blog weekly, but making good progress on my other goals! It’s been a cold January. I am told that statistically January is not in the top 10 coldest on record. All I know: it’s pretty cold for winter running. I’ve been running on my treadmill much of January and had a great “first time out” on Feb. 1st when we had a warm(er) day! I also ran the Disney Marathon on Jan. 12th, and had as much fun as you can probably have while still running 26.2 miles. I ran it with my husband and the good news is we are still speaking to each other! We don’t often run together; he loves running with a group or running buddy; I’m more of a solitary runner. Some highlights from the race weekend (in no particular order):
- Relaxing at the Cigna tent (race sponsors) before and after the race. Nice folks, ice and medical help if you needed it.
- Best t-shirt spotted on the run: “Stay back 100 meters”
- Most inspiring: Man running with a t-shirt that said he had survived cancer and double hip replacement and he was getting it done, amazing!
- Funny moment. Several folks were sporting Disney shirts that read “every mile is magical”. As we passed the waste water treatment plant out on the ‘back lots’ of Disney–a few guys and I decided that particular mile was too smelly to be magical.
- Best moment: At about mile 13, we were running through the Animal Kingdom. They were just getting ready to open the park and the Disney cast members let runner’s ride Expedition Everest (roller coaster)! So we took a ride mid-race which was a nice diversion; then back on the road!
- Best food: Burgers and caprese salad post-race at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. We ended up walking across the entire parking lot at Epcot to catch a cab back to the Hilton. We were so glad to sit down and have food brought to us! Honorable mention: Beer at the finish line received excellent review from the husband.
This was my second Disney marathon and I do like this race. The support is phenomenal and tons of Disney cast members, families and people cheering at every turn. Even out on the highway (between parks) there are people out there cheering; I had to think how did these people get out here? My only real complaint would be the 5:30am start time and catching the bus at 3am! That is just way too early for me!
As for my other goals, my January race was the Disney Marathon. Coming up this month is the Half a the Hamptons in Hampton, New Hampshire. I’ve signed up for races through May. I’ll post a race schedule soon, but I’m planning to do one race a month in 2014. My fundraising for Dana-Farber is also going well in January as well. I’m nearing $8,000 raised of my goal of $10,000. I’m planning two fundraisers in March but also would love your donation to my cause. You can make a donation on my DFMC page: http://www.rundfmc.org/2014/jenniferh Thank you for reading! – Jenn
At Expedition Everest (mile 13) Disney marathon 2014
First Winter Run of 2014!